Monday, October 22, 2007

Ryder says, "I Love My NaNa"

Along with the pics in the post below--I wanted to share these great videos of Ryder playing and laughing...these make me smile!

In this first video I am sure he is saying "I love my NaNa". It's definitely the right number of syllables! Listen close, and you will hear it...



I'm sure my precious Grandma in heaven must have taught him to say that!! We know she was with us the evening before he was born, because we looked outside and saw a beautiful rainbow in the sky, and I knew at that moment that Grandma was with us and that Ryder would make a safe entrance into the world. And I know that she knows that I want to be as wonderful a grandma to my grandbabies as what she was to me. That means more to me than anything, for my grandbabies to know how very much they are loved by their grandma--just as I knew how very much my grandma loved me. I was so blessed to have had her for 43 years of my life and I want to follow in the footsteps she left for me...

This is the rainbow we saw from the hospital window the evening before Ryder was born...Grandma was shining down on all of us and watching out for our little boy to help bring him safely into the big wide world...



and here he was minutes after he was born...safe and sound, just as Grandma's rainbow promised...



Sorry for the long trip down memory lane--I guess all the grandma hormones are hitting me tonight! Especially after hearing my grandson say, "I love my NaNa"! :)

Anyway...in this second video-he is just having fun playing and laughing...




OH!!!! And in other news...there are now only 150 people in front of me on Ravelry!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! Not much longer!!!! I need you all to help me come up with a good Ravelry name!!

and... I know that just a couple of posts ago I said I wasn't going to start any new socks until I had all the other pairs finished...but...I just couldn't help myself...I started my Victorian Swag pair--they are one of Monica's patterns, which will soon be available from The Loopy Ewe again. (right now they are sold out, but getting more in) The way I see it--I would not be a very good sock knitter if I had only ONE sock on needles...so...since my #1 DPN's were just sitting there all lonely and empty--I just had to get a sock going on them. Now that I have two socks going, as well as Ryder's cable sweater on needles--I feel like a much more whole and complete knitter :) With all that said--I am off to bed!!

2 comments:

monica said...

He is just beautiful. And I think you are right he is saying he loves his Nana. What a sweet little boy!!

knittingma said...

Ryder is so adorable! I can't wait until our little guy starts talking, too.

You'll be on Ravelry soon, actually, you've probably been invited by now. I'm sure you will love it--it's a super fun, fun, fun website! My ID is knittingma--look me up!