Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Aimee's Baby Shower




Well--we made it to Saturday, and the shower went great!! A good time was had by all...but the highlight was the look on Aimee's face when my mom and sister-in-law walked in. Aimee glanced at the door as they came in, then did a double take, then started crying she was so surprised. I asked her later why she was crying, because we had just seen them three weeks earlier, and she replied, "Shut up!! I was having a hormone moment!" LOL!! Ah yes--I remeber those pregnancy hormone moments. In fact--I had a hormone moment myself when I saw the above picture--it was very poignant for me to see my mom holding MY grandson. It hadn't hit me too hard before that picture--but my mom IS a GREAT-Grandma now. I will cherish this picture forever.

And here are pics of the sweater set I made for Aimee--It is Sirdar Snuggly Baby DK and Sirdar Confetti yarn. The shower started at 2 PM and I finished the sweater at 11:00 Saturday morning! Talk about last minute!!










Here is a pic of the cake to welcome our little Lyllie to the big wide world...



and my beautiful Aimee with her cake and balloons....and
my niece Rylie in the pic with Aimee




Aimee and her Grandma, my mom...



...and a four generation picture...
My mom; my son, Zak; his son, Ryder and me...it was wild to be in a generation picture, and to be THE grandma!!! I am still getting used to this whole grandma thing, but loving and cherishing every moment...I truly feel blessed!!



I put a link in my sidebar to all of the baby shower photos. Please let me know if you click on the link and it doesn't work...it works for me, but I am signed in as the owner to the gallery. I'm not sure if it will request a passcode or not, so please let me know if it works or not!! Thank you!

So...tomorrow I am off to buy yarn for my Harvest Sock Swap partner!! I would not even allow myself to go buy the yarn before the shower knitting was done...it would have been WAY too much temptation for me to have the new yarn in my house--LOL!!!!

2 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The pictures of the shower are great! Your grandson is so adorable! Just think of all the knitting you can do for your grandchildren :o)

photogsherry said...

GREAT pics! :) Even YOUR hair has grown, Cindy... tee-hee!

XOXO,
Sherry, GA T, and Cheli Bells