Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Day for Surprises!!

As I sit here writing this evening, I am sipping and enjoying a warm cup of "Tame Cherry Tea" from Cherry Republic in Glen Arbor, MI. It is one of the lovely gifts I received from my Harvest Sock Swap pal, Becky. My package arrived today, and was a nice surprise!! It was filled with goodies!!



There was my beautiful Snicket Sock--which I love!! I am so happy that I am the lucky recipient of Becky's Snicket Sock!! Then the Tame cherry Tea--which I am loving!! A pumpkin pie candle that smells so much like the real thing, that I think I may just bake pies this weekend! LOL! There were some delectable Michigan chocolates. And I don't have a husband--so I don't have to share!! There is some beautiful stationary hand done by a Michigan artist that is very pretty. Then she sent me two balls of Crystal Palace Maizy yarn that is 85% corn fiber. It is so soft--who would have thought you could knit with corn? I already have a pattern picked out for it!! And last but certainly not least...bless her heart...she even thought of my dog, Roxy, and sent a wool felted dog bone toy for her...and she loves it!! Thank you so much for everything, Becky!! I love it all. It was so thoughtfully all put together! And like I said-I love the Snicket Sock!! It is sooooo soft. I can't wait to get the other one done so I can wear them. Oh--and Becky--I can read your writing on the pattern perfectly fine--remember--I am a nurse, so I have to decipher doctor penmanship all the time :) Big Hugzzzzzz to you and your precious little man, Becky!!



This was Roxy when I brought the package in...whenever we get a package-she gets all excited thinking it is for her, because she gets lots of presents from some of her Dogster Friends.


Is that a package for me, Mom? Huh, is it, is it!?




Roxy says a big Thank You and Tzu Kisses for you Becky!!




Thank you, Becky!! I love my new bone!!!







Then, my daughter stopped over when she got off work and brought me my birthday present--a bit late...my birthday was October 11, but we were soooo busy with her baby shower, that my birthday kind of fell by the wayside. That's ok though--this is Aimee's special time, and I count it a blessing to be sharing this time with her...but-she didn't totally forget my birthday, and she brought me this great craft tote that I have been wanting badly. It is full of pockets, and it has a zipper pocket on the bottom that holds this drawer in it, and it has a detachable metal carousel base. I love this thing--it will be perfect for my socks and smaller baby projects to take when I am on the go!!



And so I will sign off for tonight basking in the warm glow of family, love and friendship. I am looking forward to getting to know Becky better through here and through Ravelry, and also getting to hear all about her sweet baby boy!!



P.S. Don't look at the mess on my computer desk--LOL!! It is an organized mess!!

1 comment:

knittingma said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like everything! And that Roxy liked her bone. :) I have a feeling that you knew I was your pal--like I said before, I'm not so great at keeping secrets, so I'm sure you could have figured it out. But, oh well. It was fun pretending that you didn't know!

Also, I have this really aching fear that there won't be enough yarn for the second sock... if this is the case, just let me know, and I'll send you some more! And, does the sock fit?? I thought it should, because I was able to measure it along my foot (we have the same size feet), but I just wanted to make sure!