Saturday, October 27, 2007

She Finally Gets It!!!!!

For many years, I have listened to my daughter, Aimee, laugh at me for all the yarn I buy,and all the knitting I do. Before I became a grandma, and when she was younger, she would call me "Ole Granny KnitKnit"!

On Thursday we were at her dr. appointment, and I was knitting on Ryders Cable Sweater. She kept watcing me knit, and she finally said to me...
"You know, it is really amazing to think that you are making that out of a piece of string."

DUH!!!!!!!! That is what I have been trying to explain to her for years about why I love to knit!!!!! I'm thinking it must be the pregnancy hormones that have helped her to FINALLY understand!! LOL!!

2 comments:

knittingma said...

That cabled sweater is so cute! Yeah, we knitters are pretty talented people, making clothing from pieces of string and two sticks. I truly think it's a lost art! Plus, these thoughts help me to feel better about all that money I spend on yarn. :)

monica said...

Isn't it amazing what we can do with 2 sticks and some string. My kids get weekly allergy shots and I always have my knitting with me. It sure draws the attention of all the other kids in the waiting room. They are mezmorized by it.