Friday, October 19, 2007

Harvest Sock Swap Revisited

Now that the shower is done, and I have finished all of my projects for our Lyllie, I can start my sock for my Harvest Sock Swap pal. I went and bought the yarn today, and it is so pretty, I had to buy a skein for myself as well. It reminds me of driving along the Mighty Mississppi in fall and looking at all the beautiful colors of the leaves. OK--that is the only hint I am giving as to the yarn. I cast on tonight, and got through two rounds of the pattern, and hated the pattern--so off to the frog pond that went. Now I am delving back into searching for a pattern. I have a couple in mind that I think will work much better with the yarn, so tomorrow I will cast on again!! I want the yarn and pattern to be a surprise, so will not post pictures until after the package is received by my swap partner. I also found the neatest gifts to send her that I think she will love!! So sock partner Sheryl--hang on--your package will be coming fairly soon!!!

I have also cast on a beautiful cable sweater for Ryder that I am doing in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK in a teal color. It is so pretty--well, handsome--guess I can't put pretty on a boy, right? LOL!! Will post pics of that soon! But for this next week I am going to be working on the sock. I also have four pairs of socks for myself right now that don't have mates, so gotta work on that Second Sock Syndrome once I get my swap partner's sock done.

Also, I just checked my status on Ravelry, and there are 1472 people in front of me, and 13,251 behind me, so....I am moving up in the line...I wonder how much longer it will be...
I signed up on September 14, and was #32,814 on the list...so I feel I have moved up fairly quickly. Bless whoever took on that huge project!!!

3 comments:

monica said...

Ha, I am one of those 13,000 + in line behind you. I signed up about a week after you.

Looks like the baby shower was fun.
OH, I hope it was not my pattern you hated :(

Cindy said...

NOPE--It was definitely NOT a MOnica sock that I hated!! and Monica--I would have thought that you were already on Ravelry by now...You should have been oneof the first!! :)

Cindy said...

P.S. Monica--I'm happy to see your patterns now on sale at The Loopy Ewe!! People please check out Monica's patterns at The Loopy Ewe--They are beautiful!! She really has a talent for designing sock patterns!! and I only meant you should have been first on Ravelry because of your talent, Monica!!