Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Autumn Sock




I just finished another sock last evening. Just had the toe left to finished, as I needed my needles to start my Harvest Sock Swap sock for my pal. Of course, I have other size 2 DPN's, but these were my Lantern Moon Sox Stix--and they are my favorite to knit with--I just can't describe how they feel in my hands...so...had to get this sock off the needles.
The pattern is from Monica and she allowed me to be a test knitter for the pattern--thank you Monica...HUGZZZZZZ!! I hope I did the pattern justice!! Her patterns can now be found here at The Loopy Ewe. I know some have sold out already, but I understand from her sister's blog that Monica will soon replenish what has been sold out. You should really check them out--all of her patterns are fantastic, and I feel lucky to have been able to be a "test-knitter"!!
This particular pattern is called "SockItToMe". and I used Trekking XXL yarn in the colorway 171. My pictures don't do the colors justice. I tried to get them as true as I could. Also--I messed up on the toe. When I got tothe toe decreases, I thought--oh--I know how to do this, so I didn't bother to read the directions :( I just did my own thing. Well--Monica has a different decrease, which gives the toes a neater, rounder appearance. When I make the second sock, I will do the toe right--no one will know but me anyway--and any of you who have now read my blog--LOL!!
Anyway--go check out Monica's blog, and her patterns at the Loopy Ewe. She inspires me to want to knit socks!!
After I finish my Swap Pal's sock, I am going to go back and complete the second sock of all 4 pairs that I have started BEFORE I start any new socks--LOL!! I promise!! You can all hold me to that!!
In other news, I was driving past my most favorite LYS of all...Borealis Yarns in St. Paul today, and they had a help wanted sign in the window!!! So I went in to inquire--and the owner told me she was looking for a part timer, and that they could be flexible with the hours....so....I filled out an application. My hospital hours are 5 twelve hour shifts every two weeks, so that leaves plenty of time to spend a few hours working in one of my most favorite places to be...heck--just the discount alone would be profitable for me--LOL!! So we shall see...she told me she would call me next week...I'll keep you all updated!!
Well-I'm off to knit for now!! Happy Monday to everybody!!

2 comments:

monica said...

The socks look lovely in that colorway. And thank you for the kind words ... I am blushing. I will have to get some of the trekking in that color, I really like it.

Good Luck on your interveiw at the yarn shop.

Karen said...

Very pretty. I love Trekking. That is a pattern I haven't knit yet but I will soon (with some self-striping I think). My LYS isn't hiring right now (wish it was), good luck with yours. I have 3 pair to finish and lots more socks going that the firsts aren't done yet. I wish I could enchant my needles like Mrs. Weasley does.