Sunday, October 28, 2007

More Generations for Ryder-His First Family Reunion



Ryder and his very proud Great GREAT Auntie Mary--yes that is two greats in there!!



Ryder with Great Great Auntie Mary, and his mama and daddy


Ryder has lots of family on his mama's side, and though they don't get to see him as often as I do--he is just as much loved by them, and their time with him is cherished. Recently our little man went with his mommy and daddy to a family reunion on his mama's side of the family. These are some pics of him with his Great-Great Aunt Mary. She is Tiffany's(his mom) great aunt. She is as close to Tiffany as a grandma would be because her Grandma is no longer with us. So for all of the holidays-and special days--it is to Aunt Mary's house that everybody gathers, and she always welcomes my daughter and I and makes us feel part of her family too. It was a joyous day for Mary, as she had not met Ryder before, so these pics are really special to all of us!! Thank you Auntie Mary for sending them to us. I have adopted her as my Auntie Mary too, so our little Ryder is really surrounded by family and love!! I see lots of good times and traditions for Ryder at Aunt Mary's and know that when he is grown, he will look back and think of happy and special times at Auntie Mary's, just as his mama and his Grandma Jackie do!!


Group photo from the reunion. That is Aunt Mary's granddaughter, Ella touching Ryder on the head. Isn't she too cute!? Look at that red hair!! I'll have to get Mary to add a comment and list the rest of those in the pic...maybe row by row and from L to R, Mary? Right behind Tiffany, who is holding Ryder, is Tiffany's mom, aka Grandma Jackie. Ryder is also her first grandbaby...so...first grandchild on both sides of the family--nope-this boy will NOT be spoiled--LOL!!!


message from Auntie Mary telling us who everyone is in the photo:

Hi Cindy and everyone,Isn't our Ryder just an angel! Thanks for the nice compliments, you made my day! Cindy it is wonderful you have this page where we can see updates on Ryder. Thank you for doing this, Ken and I are sure enjoying it.The pumpkin pics today are sooooo cute! He is all ready for Halloween! I am so proud to be his great-great auntie! I take my role as Auntie seriously...just ask Ryder's Momma! Cast of characters in the photo are, back row: Relation to Ryder - Cousins..Brett, Joseph, Greg, Matt, Auntie Mary (me). Middle row: More cousins Shar, Keith, and then skip over to between me and Matt is Jen (my daughter). Front row is Cousin Kellie, Jackie (grandmother to Ryder), Momma Tiffany holding Ryder, Rachel holding Ella (both my granddaughters), Uncle Ken (my husband), and new daddy Zak.


Ella giving Ryder a kiss...too sweet!!




Ryder with his Mama and Daddy, Zak & Tiffany

4 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wow, Aunt Mary does not look old enough to be a Great Aunt!

Cindy said...

Actually it is great great aunt--and no she doesn't look old enough:)

knittingma said...

What wonderful photos. And I agree with the above comment--none of you look old enough to be grandmas or great-aunts or anything of the like! Ryder continues to be adorable, too. Family times are so special!

monica said...

Ryder is such a cutie. He is lucky to be surrounded by a loving family.