Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tofutsies!!!!!!



I promise I am going to try to be better about posting more regularly...It's just that I don't know that anyone has been reading my blog or not...so I have been knitting more, and spending lots of extra play time with Roxy, rather than being on the computer. I have now joined a group at yahoo of other knitters who love tofutsies sock yarn. It is a knitalong based on these limited edition colors and patterns that come out every other month. I am looking forward to getting my first set when the October color comes out, and also maybe the past set for June which has a great pattern. The color for June is also cool--but tends to hide the pattern...so I have another pattern in mind for the yarn itself, and will find a better color to go with the pattern. Right now I am working on my first Tofutsie pair of socks...Tofutsies is a great yarn--it is made from soysilk--thus the "tofu" part of the name. It is super soft, and yummy to work with!! I am knitting with Lantern Moon Ebony Sox Stix--which are a delight to knit with--they just feel so warm in your hands and the yarn slides along smoothly-but not so smooth that it falls off. I am doing this first pair in a Chevron pattern with a short row heel.


Tofutsie Sock #1

Closer Up

As for the rose Debbie Bliss cable blanket...I finished it, but before I could get pics of it, my daughter took it home with her, as she wanted to put it in the baby's bed in the nursery...so...guess I am going to have to go to her house and get pics of it...what's a grandma to do?? I've now started a second one for Ryder--I'm doing it in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK in a teal green color--it is very pretty. I have a great pattern for a sweater in a DK weight to along with it...

I am beginning to wonder if it is a normal thing for us knitters to have several projects all going at the same time--LOL!!! I know I can't possibly be the only one...I may need to start a WIP meter to keep track of everything!!

No comments: