Friday, September 14, 2007

Aimee's baby sweater




Ok--For the rest of this weekend--I CANNOT knit socks. I have got to finish Aimee's baby sweater set. I have one more sleeve left to go, then the hat and socks. I love the yarn--it is Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo. I love the pattern-from the Sirdar Baby Bamboo Collection
#1731.
What I DON"T love is having to weave in all of those ends from all the color changes.
I would not have picked a pattern with all of those color changes--Aimee found the pattern, then found the yarn and she really wanted me to make this for our little Lyllie-Bean...
I am loving the colors though, and how the sweater is turning out--sooooooo I guess maybe it is worth it to weave in all the ends--UGGHHHHH! Anyway--by Sunday evening--I WILL be posting a pic of the FINISHED sweater, and I should have either the hat or the socks done by then as well. I am going to make basic socks, but I'm not sure which hat pattern I will use out of my collection of hat patterns. If anyone has a suggestion for a hat pattern, please email me--I'm still open to suggestions on that one!!
I do still get to go to one of my favorite yarn stores though, 3 Kittens Yarn and Needleworks in St. Paul to pick out the buttons for the sweater. They have an amazing button collection. But I promise, Aimee...I WILL NOT even look at the sock yarn!!! LOL!!
Here are the socks pairs I have going for myself for fall. The first is my finished Tofutsies sock, done in color #790. Then next is my Trekking XXL in colorway 106. The last is the Walerib done in Trekking XXL color 134.
I added a couple of close up pics of the tofutsie sock, and the trekking sock to show the pattern and the colors.

No comments: