Monday, November 19, 2007

Goodies!!!!!!



Got my order today from The Loopy Ewe. Got three MonicaKnits sock patterns, and my luscious yummy yarn...Cherry Blossom from Cherry Tree Hill. I have three more of Monica's patterns that I want to order, but think I will wait til after Christmas...maybe...LOL! See the good pic in the post below of the yarn--my camera doesn't do the colors justice!! I haven't decided which pattern I will use for the yarn yet--but my fingers are itching to cast on!! But....first I started this sock, and will finish the pair before I cast on the Cherry Blossom...



This is the Basketweave Ribbing sock pattern by Marguerite Byrne. I am knitting it in Trekking XXL colorway 181 and I love how it is turning out. I have another skein of this yarn stashed away for a pair of Victorian Swag socks as well.

My sock blockers haven't come yet :( My pappal account reverted back to my old address when I went to pay, and I didn't notice-so they are now on their way back to the shipper, but she knows about it, and promised she will mail them back out just as soon as she gets them back, so hopefully by the weekend I will have them.

On the Aimee front--we are STILL waiting. We were back in the hospital Saturday evening. She was having good strong contractions that got down to every 3 minutes. So at 3 minutes apart, we decided it MUST be time to go...well-we got there, and they slowed down. The nurse had us walk for an hour, and they STOPPED!!!!! Sigh...so, we were sent home-again. We thought sure that we were safe when they got down to 3 minutes apart. Becky--maybe you could share your labor story with us so we will know when labor is really real...

anyway, if she hasn't had the baby by Sunday, the dr. is having her come in to the hospital Sunday evening to be induced. The baby is getting big, and we don't want Aimee to have a hard time getting her out, or have the baby get stuck. So....by next Monday or Tuesday, hopefully I will have pictures of a healthy, beautiful baby girl to show off. I must admit, I am a bit nervous about watching MY baby girl go through labor. If I could take the pain for her, I would. Please keep us in your prayers!! Sunday, it was back out to the Mall of America for us, and we walked around all three floors--and it is a HUGE place--so that was lots of walking...but look at what Aimee got for me...my first Grandma ornament...isn't it too sweet!?



It was about this time last year that I found out that Zak and Tiffany were expecting Ryder, and I remember thinking when I was shopping last year that this year I would have a grandbaby to shop for...I NEVER dreamed that I would have TWO grandbabies by this Christmas!! I feel so blessed!!

...And Becky--Roxy wants me to tell you she is still really enjoying her felted heart bone you sent her in my Harvest Sock Swap package...It is one of her favorite toys now, and she DOES NOT like to share it, but she brings it to me often to play with her!! Her favorite thing is to tease me with it by not letting me get a hold of it--LOL!!





I'm signing off for now--have to work in the AM unless Lyllie and Aimee have different plans during the night!!

2 comments:

monica said...

I am looking forward to seeing the Cherry Blossom knit up. I am thinking I may have to buy some.
Thanks so much for plugging my patterns on your blog :) that is so nice of you.

Hope all went well today at the hospital. Looking forward to seeing baby pictures soon.

knittingma said...

That basketweave sock is beautiful! I love the colors of the yarn. And I'm glad that Roxy still likes her bone! Those photos of her are so cute. Prayers for Aimee and you (and Lyllie too!)

(I started to write about my labor story here, but it got really long, so I'll send you a Ravelry message instead!)