Friday, November 16, 2007

Still Waiting.....sigh!

Poor Aimee--she has been having contractions for the last three days--and still no baby. We went in to the hospital once, and we were there for only 45 minutes. Her contractions were regular, but not strong enough, so they sent her home. The doctor doesn't want to use pitocin yet to try and induce her labor more because the baby is doing fine, and the doctor doesn't want to make Aimee's labor harder...so we wait...Aimee is staying at my house with me as she doesn't want to be home alone. We've had a beautiful time together though waiting on Lyllie to decide to make her appearance--just having lots of quiet time together, and I am getting to know my daughter as a beautiful young woman rather than an impossible teenager--LOL!! She has another Dr. appointment Monday-so if the baby isn't here by then, we are going have a very serious discussion about induction at that point. So we'll see what happens.

She would kill me if she knew I had posted these pics...good thing she doesn't read my blog!! LOL!! Isn't she cute though!!!!








In the meantime--to console myself--LOL!!!--I've done a bit of online shpping at The Loopy Ewe. There is nothing like shopping to help pass the time while waiting for Lyllie!! I bought three of Monica's sock patterns...Hearts A Plenty, Cables Galore and Dancing Tulips. then I bought this beautiful Cherry Tree Hill Yarn called Cherry Blossom. It is a limited edition yarn, and it is sooooo pretty!! Can't wait to get it! Isn't it pretty?! I guess initially it was only available overseas, and is now here as a limited edition.



and here are my "Roxy the Shih Tzu" sock blockers that I ordered from Chappy's Fiber Arts and Crafts on Ebay. They designed them for me, and they have many different sock blockers, so if you're looking for sock blockers...check them out!! Mine have been shipped, but I haven't received them yet...maybe tomorrow. Once I get them, I can put my first pair of Victorian Swag socks on them and post pics, because I finally got the second sock finished last night. I don't want to wear them though until I get some pics of them on my blockers.



Other things I've done to try and help pass these last few days before Lyllie comes are: I made a big huge pot of chilli--it's the perfect time of year for that!! With fresh cornbread. And today I made a huge batch of pumpkin bread--3 loaves!! and aimee and I have done lots of walking--we go the Mall of America and walk and walk and walk!! Bless her heart--she is even walking through the contractions. I just hope things pick up soon--she is tired, sore and miserable, and also very excited!!! Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers for Aimee and Lyllie!! I'm off to finish another pair of socks...or maybe start a new pair--LOL!

2 comments:

monica said...

Well, She looks like she is ready, poor thing. Maybe she will get good news on Monday. Those babies come when they are ready.


I find shopping for yarn to be a great consolation too. DH thinks maybe I could find a cheaper way to console myself though : ) Your new yarn is gorgeous I was looking at the color myself. I love CTH.

knittingma said...

Oh my goodness. Poor mommy! I was blessed to have a relatively quick labor with my little one (22 hours total). I'm praying that Lyllie will come soon!

Your new yarn is super pretty. And your cooking sounds yummy, too!