Monday, November 5, 2007

A Weekend of Knitting





I went out of town this weekend to my best friend's house. She lives in a little town in the middle of a state park, about 90 miles from the Cities...it was so nice to get away from city life!! We have been best friends for twenty years-since our kids were little. My Aimee was a year old when Debbie and I met, and it is one of those very rare forever kind of friendships. Our kids are all 1 year apart...so Aimee was 1, her Josh was 2, my Zak was 3 and her Joe was 4 when we met. Our kids all grew up together and remain close as well. I was truly blessed when God allowed our paths to cross.

Anyway--I was able to spend the weekend in the country knitting. She crochets, and we watch alot of movies, so it is the utmost of relaxation. Oh yeah--we also eat alot--LOL!!! She's a really good cook!

I got Ryder's cable hat done this weekend to match the cable sweater I am making for him for Thanksgivng. I didn't have a pattern for the hat, so Monica helped me to work out a pattern for the hat,and it turned out rather well. I got brave and made a few slight modifications to the instructions she sent me, and I am very pleased with it. The sweater is a Sirdar DK pattern, and I knit both the hat and the sweater with Debbi Bliss Cashmerino DK. It is sooooo soft, and thick and squishy. I can't wait to see it on him. I just have to finish the sleeves and it will done. I also got halfway done on my second Victorian Swag sock this weekend, so maybe tomorrow will get that finished up and have me a new pair of socks to wear.



Back of Ryder's cable sweater

3 comments:

monica said...

I am sure he is going to look so cute in his little sweater and hat. Glad to hear you had a great weekend

Denise Bein Kroll said...

Really nice pattern. I love the way the cables follow the shape. Great yarn choice,too. I'm sure it will be adorable on him!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The hat is way cool, and so is the back of the sweater! Glad you were able to get some knitting and relaxing in with your friend. Sounds like you had a great time.