Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Welcome Lyllie!!!






Aimee's precious Lyllie arrived safely and healthy on Tuesday morning, November 27 at 2:43 am. She weighed 7# 8oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. I am so in awe of my amazing daughter and the hard work she did bringing her precious baby into the big wide world!!! I have never watched anything more beautiful in my life than my daughter having her baby. There are just no words to describe it!! However, even though she is now a mother, she still is, and will always be MY precious baby!! and I love her so much!!

I brought Aimee and Lyllie home from the hospital today, and they are staying here with me for a while until Aimee is more healed and has more strength. Over all, the delivery went very well. Lyllie was born into a very quiet, dimly lit room, and placed right on her mama's chest where she stayed for the first two hours of her life. It was a very peaceful and precious time, and Lyllie is very peaceful and content--I think the dim lighting and quiet room made her birth less traumatic to her nervous system and to her spirit. We are just so grateful to have her here with us, healthy and safe!!
Please share in our joy with us, and enjoy the slide show of Lyllie's first pictures in the sidebar to the right!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you all will have lots of fun getting to know the little one and watching her get to know you all.

Denise Bein Kroll said...

So beautiful! Congrats to Aimee and you!

knittingma said...

She is such a lovely little girl. And what a blessing that you were able to be there with Aimee when she was born, and throughout her labor. Happy Birthday, Lyllie!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Aww, what a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations!

rita said...

What a wonderful way to come into the world! I'm so happy for you all. My grandbabies bring me so much joy. I was present throughout my daughter's first labor and the birth of my first grandchild, and it's the greatest gift I could have ever had. Avery is the love of my life, and I am so blessed that I was there to see her precious little face as she entered the world.