Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Mother's Day present



I got my Mother's Day present today, and even though it was a little bit late, it was well worth the wait. My wonderful children went in together and got me this beautiful Mother's Ring!!! It is white gold, and the stones are as follows...on the top is Aimee-amethyst, right is Zak-emerald, bottom is Ryder-smoky quartz, and left is Lyllie-citrine, and the middle is mine-pink tourmaline. Mine in the middle is kind of a place holder in case there are anymore babies, so we have a spot to put another stone. But I like the idea of keeping my stone in the middle surrounded by all of my babies!! I guess if there are going to be any more babies, they will need to born in one of the months already on my ring--LOL!! I was so moved that my children went in on this together for me. They know how very much I love all of them and what it means to me to be surrounded by my children and grandchildren, and the way the ring is designed symbolizes that to me. I feel that my family circle is complete!
This ring will never leave my finger, and I will treasure it and cherish it forever!!

1 comment:

monica said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful mother's day gift. We did that when my mother was still alive and she treasured that ring.