Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Starting a New Project

I am getting ready to start a new project...it is a Christening Gown for Lyllie. Aimee wants to have her Christening later this spring...so I have got to get busy. We looked at knitting patterns, and didn't find anything that I wanted to take on--I mean some of those gowns start with a cast on of over 500 stitches. Poor Lyllie would be 12 years old before I would get that finished!! LOL!!
Then I found this pattern...the dress is called Angel Song from Crochet Garden...and I fell in love with it. I am going to make the skirt longer so that it will be a gown. I am really excited about crocheting this even though I consider myself a knitter...I guess now I am going to be both a knitter and a crocheter...hope my knitting friends will still love me!!! LOL!!
Right now I am waiting for my crochet hook to "bake". I did the Sculpey Clay handle so my hand and wrist won't get sore, so that is in the oven for about another 15 minutes, then I have to wait for it to cool--sigh!!
I am really loving these patterns at Crochet Garden. I am also going to do this
Little Maiden Sundress as well this summer.
I have an afghan pattern as well from there to do for Ryder for his next "special blankie"called Afghan of the Sandman. And hopefully the designer, Lisa, will maybe put out some boy patterns too. Maybe a little short set or something. I do have some sweaters in the back of my mind for Ryder for next fall. I don't want him to feel left out!! But gosh--those little girl patterns are cute, and inspire me to crochet them!!
I will post pics of the Christening Gown as I progress on it!!
I just took Roxy on a long walk...our first long walk of the season, so she should be ready for a good long nap, and I can get lots done on the gown this afternoon :o)

No comments: