Monday, April 28, 2008

A New Sundress for Lyllie


I just put the finishing touches on this little sundress for Lyllie tonight. It is the Little Maiden Sundress from Crochet Garden. I did it in Bernat Softee Baby. I've decided that my projects for the grandbabies are now going to all be done in acrylic except for very special occassion items.
The cable sweater that I made for Ryder that was done in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK has only been washed one time, and it is pilling really bad. I thought a higher quality yarn, aka more expensive yarn, wouldn't do that.

Anyway--I love how the dress turned out!! I especially love my little flowers on it. I made them with DMC Pearl Cotton. I will be making a hat to go with it as well as a little headband.
As far as the Christening Gown...I had a really good start on it--had the bodice done, and about 10 inches done on the skirt. I was making it in a 6 - 9 month size. Lyllie was still wearing 3 month size clothes about three weeks ago, and then she suddenly had a growth spurt...darn those babies anyway--they just don't stay little, do they!? Anyway--there is no way that gown will fit her in a month or two, so have to restart her gown, and am now looking at a couple other patterns in thread crochet, as I'm worried that yarn will be too hot, even if it is lightweight. So--we'll have to see what I decide about her gown. I'm waiting on a pattern that I ordered to get a better look at one that I am thinking of. Will let you all know what I decide. For now, I'm going to make the hat and headband to go with her little dress.



1 comment:

monica said...

That is so cute.
I have heard that since the merino is such a short fiber that it tends to pill, but if you take a sweater stone to it after the first wash and remove the pills that should take care of it. But in general I have heard that about the cashmerino. I also find that Mission Falls 1824 Wool pills really bad. I made a $50 poncho for my youngest with that and it turned into a $50 fuzz ball after the first washing. So disapppointing.