Friday, February 1, 2008

Hey Monica--Look what I did!!!!!!!!

I haven't blogged in a while...but I have been knitting. There has been a lot of stuff going on around my house...stuff I won't go into here right now, but thank God for knitting--it gets my mind off the stress.

One thing I will tell is that Lyllie was in the hospital with complications from RSV. RSV is a nasty virus. In adults it acts like a cold. Adults and older children often are not affected with complications, but in babies it can be very nasty and cause major issues with the lungs. Luckily for us and Lyllie, her lungs were not affected so badly--just a cough. But she got horrible diarrhea and vomiting from the virus and became dehydrated. So she spent a couple days in the hospital on IV fluids. She is home now, and is doing much better, and is practically back to her old self. Please keep her in your prayers though that she will continue to heal. Also--please keep Ryder in your prayers. It is a situation I don't want to talk about here yet, but I will someday soon.

So...on to the knitting front...I knit one pair of Monkey socks in the Smooshy Dream in color Beach fog...pictures of the beginning of the sock are in an older post. I got them finished, and Aimee quickly claimed them for herself--I din't even get a chance to take a picture of them first!! What a brat--LOL!! Oh well--she is lucky she is my number 1 daughter...oh wait...she is my only daughter!!

I made 3 pairs of little socks for Lyllie--socks that she can't kick off. One pair was a pair of "Baby Monkey" socks in the same yarn as the pair aimee claimed...so Mommy and daughter have a matching pair of socks. Here is a pick of one of the pairs I made Lyllie...



this is a pattern that I made up myself as I knit them. I really like how they turned out, and they are so cute on her! Of course...this proud grandma thinks everything is cute on her!! LOL!!

Then I started a new pair for myself...These are one of Monica's patterns...Furrows.






These are done in Trekking XXL, but I don't have the colorway. My son spent a couple days at my house, and decided to do some cleaning, and he...gasp...threw away the wrapper!!!!!!! Bad boy!!!!!! He just didn't know!! I am loving how they turned out though, and the pattern was fun to knit. I did a little alteration though, and worked a short row heel. I really love the short row heels now that I have them figured out.

Now I am going to start my second Basketweave sock--got the first one done, and want to finish the pair. I am on a mission to complete all of my pairs that only have one sock done, and am now looking forward to doing all the second socks. I WILL overcome second sock syndrome!!!! So right now the Furrows pair will only have the one done, but I will go back to the second one soon...just want to get my basketweave pair done.






This is a pattern by Marguerite Byrne and can be found here. These are done in Trekking XXL as well, colorway 181. Darling son didn't find that wrapper to throw away--LOL!!

So anyway--that is life in a nutshell around here right now. Just keep Lyllie and ryder in your prayers for me...thank you!!

I leave you tonight with this recent pic of Lyllie in one of the sweaters I made her...it is still a little to big, but by this spring it should fit her well...

2 comments:

monica said...

Aww poor Baby, getting that nasty virus. I am glad to hear she is feeling better.

I have to say, I think I am going to have to knit those Furrows again in a striping yarn, I love yours. They are beautiful and I love the color. I really like knitting with Trekking, and I am sure I have some in my stash.

Glad to see you back. I hope everything straightens itself out your family and Ryder.

knittingma said...

Oh no, I hope Lyllie is okay. And that Ryder is okay, as well. I will be praying for them both, and for your family.

Oh my gosh, I *love* your Furrows socks! They are so gorgeous! The yarn is beautiful with that pattern. If your son hadn't thrown away the wrapper, I may have copied you. :) Really. They're the most beautiful socks I've seen in a long time.

I'm glad you're blogging again! It sounds like you've been very busy, but you're definitely getting a lot of knitting done. And Lyllie's socks are so cute!