Monday, December 10, 2007

Finally some knitting inspiration!!

I've been in a knitting slump!! I did not think it could happen to me, but it did!! All weekend, I've been frogging one project after another. I've been looking for THE PERFECT yarn for a certain sock pattern I've been wanting to knit. I thought my CTH Cherry Blossom was going to be the yarn, and couldn't wait to get started. But the yarn did not work with the pattern. Tried a couple other CTH yarns, but they weren't going to work either. So all weekend, I got nothing accomplished:( Then today went back to my LYS to return a couple skeins that I knew I wasn't going to use. And as I was looking in the sock yarn room I found this...



It is Smooshy, Dream in Color in the "Beach Fog" colorway. Suddenly I felt inspired again as I pictured this beautiful, soft and yes, smooshy yarn knit up into Monkey Socks. I have not knit Monkey socks as of yet, but have seen thousands of Monkey sock projects on Ravelry, and here on some of the knitting blogs I read...so I found my inspiration, and exchanged a couple of other yarns for this, and now have my first pair of Monkeys on the needles. I am loving the yarn, and loving how it is knitting up. I also love how it feels in my hands as I knit with it. I see much more Smooshy yarn in my future!




So...what about the pattern I was trying to find the right yarn for? and what about my CTH Cherry Blossom yarn that I so love? For now, I have set them both aside...I know I will find the perfect yarn for the pattern, so will just wait until I find that yarn...it will probably happen when I am not even looking...and I know I will find the perfect pattern for my Cherry Blossom yarn. I do have a custom hand dyed yarn coming that I ordered that I think will be perfect for that pattern I want to knit. So I will just have to be patient and wait for that to come. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy these Monkeys and this Smooshy!!

3 comments:

Too Little Time said...

LOVE the smooshy yarn - beautiful colors. Happy Knitting - Karrie

knittingma said...

That yarn is gorgeous. I bought some smooshy a few weeks ago--I haven't used it up yet, but I love the feel of it!

rita said...

What pretty yarn! I've had a Monkey on the needles since June; I'm too jumpy to finish one project and move on to another. I'm using Claudia Hand Painted Yarn in Santa Fe and I like the way they're turning out, but I just have too many other things to do right now.

Love your blog!