Monday, July 23, 2007

Introducing myself

Hi!! My name is Cindy. This is my first adventure in blogging. I've created this blog to keep my family and friends updated about my life with a new grandbaby, and a second one on the way.
Also I am hoping to meet other knitters out there, and share my projects that I am working on...which are mainly baby projects these days...smile!
So....my first grandbaby, Ryder Louis, was born June 4, 2007 at 1:05 AM. He weighed 6#4oz. and he is absolutely my joy!!!
My second grandbaby is due November 27th. We already know she is a girl. Her name is Lyllian Marie, and we will call her Lyllie. So--lucky me ... I get to buy blue AND pink yarn--LOL!!
I also have a Shih Tzu--Roxy. She is 5 years old, and I have had her since she was 9 weeks old. I really do believe she is my soul mate!! When it came time to go pick up the puppy I had originally picked out, Roxy would not leave me alone, and insisted SHE was the one coming home with me. I'm so glad she chose me--I can't even imagine having a different dog...she was definitely meant to be mine.
I have two beautiful cats, both Maine Coons, who have also chosen to grace my life with their presence...they really do consider me lucky that they have chosen toshare their lives with me. They are wonderful boys--Dakota and Montana, and they love to help me knit!! when the yarn comes out, so do my boys!! LOL!!
I guess I should also mention my children--LOL!! Zak is 22 and my oldest. Ryder is his baby. Aimee-who is carrying my granddaughter is 20. They both live near me, so I will be able to see both of my grandbabies very often.
I am a registered nurse...I work in a children's hospital with premature and sick babies. I absolutely love my job, and feel blessed to be doing what I love...and...as you can see--I am surrounded by babies...at home and at work.
My favorite thing to dowhen I have time to myself is to knit. I have been knitting for 33 years now, as my grandmother taught me to knit when I was 10 years old. Now with two grandbabies to knit for--I am constanly looking for new projects.
Right now I am working on a beautiful little blue baby sweater from in Baby Ull from Dalegarn book #152. That is about 3/4 of the way done. On Friday I started a beautiful cable baby blanket from Debbie Bliss's Simply Baby. I am using Sirdar Snuggly DK ina dusty rose color. I wanted to use the cashmerino DK, but they did not have enough skiens in the color I wanted, and I didn't want to wait to order it, so found the Sirdar instead. Of course this blanket is for Lyllie. I am also going to make thesame blanket for Ryder, but in the Cashmerino DK in a beautiful teal green color. I had to start the blanket for Aimee's baby first though, because I have made several little things for Ryder already, and Aimee was getting worried that I wouldn't have anything done for her baby...gramma rolls her eyes...LOL!!
I am new at this blogging thing, so have to figure out how to add pictures and how to get them where I want them to go--so will hopefully add a post with pics later today.

No comments: